Root Canal Treatment
The Dental Specialists is one of the most reliable hospitals for Root canal treatment in Hyderabad. We have an expert team of dental surgeons, specializing in root canal treatment, feel free to Contact us with your specific questions.
Now days, with revolutionary changes in concepts, root canal is considered as a routine & painless procedure and done only in one visit. Root canals are done with state of art high tech equipments with the use of advances machinery such as cordless Endomotor, Hyflex EDM file system ,Apex locator , digital xrays.
Symptoms of Root Canal Treatment
- Severe Tooth Sensitivity or tooth ache
- Discomfort due to hot and cold foods .
- Biting discomfort which does not disappear
- Cracks on the surface of the tooth.
- Trauma/damage to a tooth .
- Tooth discoloration
Root Canal Procedure
- A small hole is drilled on the biting surface of the tooth.
- A needle like instrument called files is introduced inside the canal.
- Cleaning and shaping of canals are done to remove infection out of the tooth.
- After complete disinfection, a rubbery material called guttapercha is used to fill the canals.
- A temperory filling is placed over it, till the crown is placed.
Benefits of Root Canal Treatment
- Complete cessation of pain and sensitivity.
- Tooth is protected from complete wear and strain.
- Healing of pus filled cavity ie complete disinfection of the tooth.
- Normal and efficient chewing.
- Retention of natural tooth structure.
Who Can Perform Root Canal Treatment
- General dentist – 5 yrs of general training in dentistry.
- Endodontist – 5 yrs of general training in dentistry + 3 yrs of specialized training in root canal treatment.
Misconceptions of Root Canal Treatment
Myth #1: Root Canal treatment is painful.
Truth: Root canal treatment doesn’t cause pain, it relieves it.
Myth #2: A good alternative to root canal treatment is extraction (pulling the tooth).
Truth: Saving your natural teeth, if possible, is the very best option.
Myth #3: Root canals have very low success rate.
Truth : Root canals have a success rate of about 95%
As recently as 2013, research published in JAMA Otolaryngology—Head & Neck Surgery, found that patients with multiple endodontic treatments had a 45 percent reduced risk of cancer.
Consequences of Delaying Root Canal Treatment
There are several risks of not getting a root canal in a tooth in which it is needed.
- First, is the loss of that tooth.
- Second, is the spread of the infection and abscess to another tooth.
- Third, is a possible infection in the face and neck. Left untreated the infection could spread to the brain resulting in death.
Common Questions About Root Canal Treatment
When is a root canal procedure not possible?
Root canal treatment is performed when severe tooth decay, cracking or trauma has damaged a tooth that is worth preserving. It may not be a suitable treatment option if the tooth is too badly damaged..
Tooth Extraction is Considered :
- When the tooth is so severely damaged that it cannot be repaired with a filling after root canal treatment
- When the tooth is not worth preserving (e.g., it is a wisdom tooth)
- When the tooth has a cracked root
- When the tooth is poorly embedded in the jawbone (e.g., due to periodontitis)
Post Root Canal Care & Pain Management
- Avoid eating after the procedure, especially while your mouth is still numb
- Attempt to avoid chewing or eating with the area of your mouth that your treated tooth lies in. Once restored (after the second visit) you can resume normal function
- Brush and floss as you normally would
- The temporary filling may begin to wear off in thin layers before your next appointment. This is nothing to be alarmed of, however you believe the whole filling has become removed contact your Endodontist immediately.
Cost of Root Canal Treatment
There are multiple factors that affect the cost of root canal treatment in India. From the doctors conducting the procedure to the city in which the treatment is done. Read about the factors that affect the cost of root canal treatment.
Had approached Dr.Venkat almost 5 years back and had undergone flap surgery and implants. The Doctor is very cheerful, so the entire procedure was not painful at all. I have been continuing my long
I came to this clinic referred by my company .I liked the way they guided me with many options and The implantation , surprisingly was the most painless I have had. I would like
Kolapati Sateesh Kumar
I am Moe Sattar, from San Jose, California. I talk to Dr. Venkat and he explained to me about the permanent tooth replacement and he did a very good job.The whole procedure was done
San Jose , CA
I had very bad tooth ache and was suffering with the pain from past 2weeks.I visited many other clinics but it was of no use.Finally I have approached Dr.Venkat. The way Dr.Venkat treated me
Dr. Venkat Nag
MDS Prosthodontist (Implantologist)
Dr. Sarika P
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Ruthika Patil
Maxillofacial Prosthetics, Implantology