A Removable partial denture is one that replaces one or more missing teeth. In this situation the patient has a set of remaining natural teeth and also a set of artificial teeth.
Removable partial denture can also be known as removable dental bridge.
Parts of a Denture
- Denture framework- This is the bulk of the denture which supports the artificial teeth
- Artificial Teeth
- In some cases for added retention a metal clasp can be placed.
Advantages of Removable Denture
- Easy to use
- Less Expensive
Disadvantages of Removable Denture
- Less stable than fixed denture
- Aesthetics is not as good as compared to fixed partial denture.
Procedure for Getting Denture
- Impression of the missing teeth as well as the jaw taken
- A wax try in is done after placing teeth.
- Final Denture is delivered