Dental veneers are used for a different types of dental treatment. At The Dental Specialists, Hyderabad, we diagnose every detail and suggest the right types of veneers for your dental needs. Contact us with your specific questions.
Veneer is a thin layer of porcelain or ceramic that is added on a tooth to improve esthetics as well as to protect the tooth from wear. Veneer can change the size, shape and color of teeth to certain extent.
When do you need dental veneers
- Discolored teeth due to staining such as tetracycline staining or flourosis.
- Worn or chipped tooth.
- To close spaces between teeth. This is only when the space between teeth is very minimal.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
Getting a veneer requires a couple of painless visits to the Dental Specialists.
- The tooth that requires veneer is prepared. Small amount of enamel is removed. The amount of enamel removed is equal to the thickness of the veneer to be placed. This is usually around 0.5mm
Impression of the prepared tooth is taken. A temporary veneer or composite restoration maybe given if the tooth is very unsightly.
- Porcelain or ceramic veneer is prepared at the lab
- The veneer is bonded to the tooth using bonding agents or cement
- The color, shade and type of veneer can be decided by the patient in consultation with the dentists.
- After placing veneer coffee, tea, soft drinks etc are to be avoided at least for few days.
- Veneers have a long life however sometimes they may get chipped off due to excessive force on the veneer edge.
Cost of veneer varies depending on the material used as well as for the reason it’s being used.
Had approached Dr.Venkat almost 5 years back and had undergone flap surgery and implants. The Doctor is very cheerful, so the entire procedure was not painful at all. I have been continuing my long
I came to this clinic referred by my company .I liked the way they guided me with many options and The implantation , surprisingly was the most painless I have had. I would like
I am Moe Sattar, from San Jose, California. I talk to Dr. Venkat and he explained to me about the permanent tooth replacement and he did a very good job.The whole procedure was done
I had very bad tooth ache and was suffering with the pain from past 2weeks.I visited many other clinics but it was of no use.Finally I have approached Dr.Venkat. The way Dr.Venkat treated me