Periodontics / Gum Problems
The Dental Specialists has one of the best team of Periodontists in Hyderabad. If you are suffering from any gum problems, it is important that you see a dentist at the earliest. Contact us with your specific questions.
Periodotics is the department that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases effecting the periodontium. Periodontium is the supporting structures of the tooth.
Supporting structures of tooth includes Gingiva (gums), Periodontal ligament, Cementum and Alveolar Bone.
Periodontal Diseases are caused by bacteria that are present in the oral cavity. Untreated peiodontal diseases leads to loss of alveolar bone and loss of tooth.
Common Periodental Diseases / Gum Problems
- Gingivitis – Inflammation of the gums. This is most common and almost all individuals have it.Gingivitis is the reason that gums bleed during toothbrushing.
- Periodontitis – Reduction in the height of gums and alveolar bone that leads to weakening support of the tooth and ultimately leads to loss of tooth if left unchecked.
- Peri Implantitis – It is the loss of bone around an implant
Periodontic Treatment Procedures
- Scaling and Curettage– It is the cleaning of the gums and the tooth surface beneath the gums.
- Flap Surgery– Flap surgery is the procedure used to treat periodontitis. In this the mucosal flap is elevated and the tooth surface is cleaned and made free of infection.
- Frenectomy– Frenum is the thick a band of elastic tissue that connects the gum tissue directed adjacent to the gum line to the lip, cheek or floor of the mouth. This tissue is removed in Frenectomy.
- Crown Lengthening– It is the improving of smile by reducing the height of gums.
We at the Dental Specialists have many specialists who perform these procedures.
Had approached Dr.Venkat almost 5 years back and had undergone flap surgery and implants. The Doctor is very cheerful, so the entire procedure was not painful at all. I have been continuing my long
I came to this clinic referred by my company .I liked the way they guided me with many options and The implantation , surprisingly was the most painless I have had. I would like
I am Moe Sattar, from San Jose, California. I talk to Dr. Venkat and he explained to me about the permanent tooth replacement and he did a very good job.The whole procedure was done
I had very bad tooth ache and was suffering with the pain from past 2weeks.I visited many other clinics but it was of no use.Finally I have approached Dr.Venkat. The way Dr.Venkat treated me