Endodontic surgeries are highly specialized treatment and should be performed by expert endodontists only. At The Dental Specialists we have one of the most experienced team of endodontic surgeons in Hyderabads. Contact us with your specific questions.
Endodontic surgeries are the combined term given for all the procedures that involves pulp less or periodontically involved tooth, requiring root amputation or endodontic therapy.
The procedures that come under endodontic surgery are-
- Incision and Drainage – This is indicated when pus is accumulated within the soft tissue and alveolar bone. A horizontal incision is made at the base of the fluctuant area. This relieves the pressure and causes a discharge of pus.
- Trephination – Cortical trephination is a procedure involving perforation of the cortical plate to accomplish release of pressure from the accumulation of exudate in the alveolar bone.
- Apicoectomy – Also known as root end resection. It is the removal of only the root tip and a root end cavity is prepared and filled with a biocompatible material. This is done when only the apical portion of a tooth root is infected.
- Hemisection – It is the sectioning or cutting of the tooth. This is done when only one half of the tooth is damaged while other half can be preserved.
- Root Resection – Removal of a single tooth root only. It is done only in multi rooted teeth. This is done when infection begins apically and infects the root before the crown is affected.
Endodontic surgeries are highly specialized treatments. We at the Dental Specialists have the best endodontists who have experience in the surgical procedures.
Had approached Dr.Venkat almost 5 years back and had undergone flap surgery and implants. The Doctor is very cheerful, so the entire procedure was not painful at all. I have been continuing my long
I came to this clinic referred by my company .I liked the way they guided me with many options and The implantation , surprisingly was the most painless I have had. I would like
I am Moe Sattar, from San Jose, California. I talk to Dr. Venkat and he explained to me about the permanent tooth replacement and he did a very good job.The whole procedure was done
I had very bad tooth ache and was suffering with the pain from past 2weeks.I visited many other clinics but it was of no use.Finally I have approached Dr.Venkat. The way Dr.Venkat treated me