Contrary to expectations, dental offices were found to be very safe, and compared to other healthcare services, dentists have shown maximum prevention of covid 19. The efficiency of dental offices to contain the spread of the virus could be attributed to the care and strict maintenance of standards set by health authorities of the state.
Dentists have taken extraordinary measures to keep the virus spread in check, and make sure patient safety is of paramount importance than anything else.
Hence, it is absolutely safe to visit a dentist and get treatments too, during the pandemic. The facts are self-evident, and research proves beyond doubt that dentists are considered safest and to be at the top in combating the viral spread, despite the risks, despite the apprehensions, despite doubts, despite the vulnerable working environment, despite dealing with aerosols from open mouths.
How do dentists make their offices safe for their patients?
The following describes steps taken by dental offices, simply by adhering to rules laid down by authorities and also continuing to provide perfect sterilization protocols that have been in use for decades, even before covid started.
The latest survey by American Dental Association stares that less than 1% of all the dentists tested positive for the virus and this is attributable to the safety policies and disinfection practices at all the dental offices.
Even during a pandemic, it’s still safe to go to the dentist. That’s what the American Dental Association is telling the public.
Be assured that we have taken all the measures for your safety and do visit us for your dental needs.
In this pandemic, while we have planned to open our clinics and provide expert dental treatments, one major thing to consider is to provide a safe environment to our patients and staff.
Before you visit us, please have a look on the safety measures taken by us for you which are according to the norms provided by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
COVID Precautions at the Reception Area
- Disposable shoe covers for patients before entering the clinic.
- Screening of body temperature and oxygen saturation levels of all patients and staff.
- Providing hand sanitizer containing Isopropyl alcohol.
- A detailed patient consent and declaration regarding COVID 19 and general diseases with recent travel history
- Maintaining physical distancing in the waiting area with well planned staggered appointments.
- Increased sanitization with regular disinfecting of floors, door knobs and handles with 1% Sodium Hypochlorite.
COVID Precautions at the Treatment Area
- Treatment rooms divided into 3 parts according to the type of treatment done.
Only checkups, Non-aerosol producing, and aerosol producing procedures to prevent cross-contamination.
- Maintaining air circulation with natural air through the frequent opening of windows.
- Regular disinfection of treatment rooms including dental chairs after each treatment.
- Dentists to use PPE including mouthmasks, head caps, face shields, gloves, and full-body gowns while doing treatments. PPE is changed or sterilized after treating each patient to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
- Use of sanitized and autoclaved instruments packaged in sterile disposable covers.
- Patients provided with headcaps and protective eyewear during aerosol producing treatments.
- Use of mouth rinse containing 0.5% povidone-iodine solution for 30 sec before the start of treatments.
Your safety is ensured, guaranteed, and responsibly taken care of. Visit your dentist, without doubt, and maintain oral hygiene by following your dentist’s suggestions. However, we need to strictly adhere to the rules and guidelines laid down by authorities and dental offices
VISIT YOUR DENTIST TODAY…ITS ABSOLUTELY SAFE, AND NECESSARY