Have you ever experienced jaw pain? Is this a regular problem you face? Dr.Ruheena Khan explains in this video what are the causes of jaw pain and how to deal with it. The video is in Telugu.
Dr.Sarika, one of the most reputed pediatric dentist in Hyderabad shares her views on what is the right age for children to start brushing – a common question asked by most parents.
Dr.Sakhib from The Dental Specialists discusses the common causes and the ways to treat tooth decays and cavities for adults.
Dr. Ruheena Khan from The Dental Specialists talks about one of the most common problems – mouth ulcers and what can you do to get relief from mouth ulcers.
Replacement of missing teeth with implants and crowns is the latest trend in dentistry that’s rapidly advancing with extensive research and development across the world, including India. As more and more dentists start offering dental implant services it becomes important for the patients to choose the best dental clinic for their treatment. Hence it is very important to choose the right implant clinic or implantologist to ensure quality assurance, longevity and ensured success of the implant and prosthesis.
In India, there are various types of dental practice from single dentist practice to large corporate chains of dental clinics. When you are looking for a critical treatment like dental implant, it is extremely critical and imperative to ensure quality, longevity and success of the implant and prosthesis.
So what factors to consider while selecting your dental implant clinic?
- Dental Implant Specialist / Implantologist
- The Team of dentists / Other specialists
- Lab and Infrastructure
- Hygiene standards
- Cost of dental implant
- Reviews, testimonials & references
- Travel and Accommodation assistance for International patients
Dental implant specialist or implantologist
You should understand that dental implants are a specialist’s job, so the first thing you should ensure is that you are working with a dental implant specialist. Talk to your dentist, do Internet research and understand if he is a general dentist or a specialist implantologist. Also, get info on his experience and the number of years in practice. While doing this, keep the following vital things in mind about a specialist implantologist in mind.
- The implant specialists qualification, experience and years in practice.
- His contribution towards the field of implantology, in the form of researches, articles published in national and international journals.
- Awards and rewards won
- Recognitions by international bodies, certifications
- Advanced up to date techniques followed, success rates.
Team of dentists, other specialists
A dental implant procedure often requires additional procedures like periodontal gum strengthening, bone grafting, root canal procedures, surgical procedures, radiological protocols, and more. While selecting your dental implant clinic, check what other specialities are available in the team. A specialized dental implant clinic like ours will have every other speciality like oral and maxillofacial surgery, radiology, periodontology, Endodontics, prosthodontics, crown and bridge, cosmetic dentists, oral pathologists, orthodontists, all working as a team. You should remember that the combined efforts of a team are far better than single-handed effort. This is very important to ensure that you get comprehensive treatment under one roof and from specialists in their respective areas. The Dental Specialists boasts of a highly experienced and skilled team of more than 20 super-specialized dentists offering their services round the clock.
Lab and infrastructure
For a dental implant procedure, there is a significant amount of lab work and advanced technology involved. Ensure your dental implant clinic has an in house lab and the right infrastructure to support. Is the laboratory equipped with the latest in equipment? Do they have 3D stereolithographic models? Do they provide the latest CAD ceramic, latest advancements in dental material science? What standards do they follow? The Dental Specialists has an in house 24- hour digital laboratory with all the latest, advanced precision machinery to support and deliver products of the highest quality and warranty.
Asepsis is the most important factor in determining the success and stability of implants. Do not forget to ask your dental implant clinic about the hygiene standards they follow and if they are certified. It is absolutely critical to have world-class hygiene standards.
At The Dental Specialists, we maintain impeccable international standards of hygiene and sterilization and also reviewed and certified periodically.
Cost of dental implants
Cost is another important factor that you should be considering while selecting your dental implant clinic. The cost of dental implants can vary widely depending on a bunch of factors. A good dental clinic should be able to give you a detailed estimate without any hidden charges like taxes, service charges etc. They should provide you with various options of treatment depending on the materials and techniques used. Transparency is the deciding factor in choosing the right dental implant clinic.
Reviews, Testimonials & References
While selecting the best dental implant clinic for your treatment don’t be shy to ask for references. A good dentist will be happy to provide enough references. Also, for most dental practices you should be able to find online reviews on Google and Facebook. Just don’t look at the ratings but also look at how many reviews are there and also read the reviews to understand the treatment experience reported in the reviews.
The Dental Specialists has been reviewed positively across several platforms –
Travel and Accommodation for international patients
If you are an international patient travelling to India for your dental implants then it is also important to check if your dental clinic provides support with your travel, accommodation and visa formalities. At The Dental Specialists, we are committed to making your travel and stay comfortable and hassle-free, providing end to end to assistance with visa application, booking flights, fixing appointments, airport pickups, hotel-clinic-hotel transfers, tourism assistance and anything you need.
Tooth loss has become a very common problem and therefore replacement of the lost tooth with dental implants has become a most widely accepted and successful option. Even though it is the most appropriate solution, many people have myths and misconceptions about dental implants. However, not all misconceptions are true and therefore making an informed decision when going for dental implants is very crucial.
Dental Implants is a Painful Procedure
At “The Dental Specialists” we perform the implant procedure with a simplified technique using minimally invasive flapless keyhole technique, which hardly takes 10 minutes. The procedure is performed with modern technology with no incisions, no cuts and with minimal anaesthesia. Hence, there will be minimal bleeding with minimal postoperative pain and discomfort.
Dental Implants are Costly
There are multiple options available for replacement of teeth like Dental Implants, Fixed Partial Denture (FPD) and Removable Partial Denture (RPD). However, Dental Implant procedure is a lifetime solution for the replacement of your missing tooth and it does not involve taking the support of your adjacent teeth. As a result, there is no need to prepare your adjacent teeth. Now with the widely accepted modality all over the world, the cost of dental implant is reduced. We at The Dental Specialists practice Immediate Implantology with Immediate Loading protocol which gives back your natural-looking teeth in less TIME. And as it is rightly attributed by Benjamin Franklin (1748) “TIME IS MONEY”, so we should be as expeditious as possible and last but not the least it is the best investment for your overall health.
Dental Implants Are Not for Everyone
A newer technique Tall and Tilted Pin Hole Immediately Loaded Implants (TTPHIL)TM can be performed even in elderly persons, diabetics and smokers as it is done by following advanced surgical protocol which involves engaging basal cortical bone. Therefore, it can be done even in patients who have reduced bone height, reduced bone volume.
Dental Implants Are Not Natural Looking
At “The Dental Specialists” we give a personalized smile designing solution to our patients using CAD-CAM technology. We use this technology to design the anatomical features of prosthesis on a computer. CAD-CAM computer screen displays a 3D custom image of the teeth and gums which helps in drawing the precise design of the crowns which helps in delivering a highly esthetic crown with high translucency which is similar to your natural teeth.
Dental Implants Require Extensive Care
Dental implants are sealed into your bone under the retrievable screw-retained crown. Thus, you have to take care of the implant the same way as you take care of your teeth which include regular cleaning. A visit to your dentist every 6-12 months will help in avoiding any infections in the mouth and in and around Dental Implant which will help in avoiding peri mucositis and peri-implantitis.
Number of Missing Teeth Equal to Number of Implants
For full mouth rehabilitation, ALL TILTTM protocol involves placing 6 implants per jaw which has been proved to be the most optimal and with evidence-based successful results. They have better biomechanics with no cantilever effect and better anteroposterior spread with Tall and Tilted 2 piece cortical implants. Therefore, you can get a complete set of 14 teeth within a few days.
Dental Implant Metal is Unsafe to be in the Body
Dental implants are made of Titanium metal which is totally biocompatible with the body and it is the same metal used in Orthopedic and cardiac stents. Therefore, Dental Implants are absolutely safe to be in the body.
Looking for reviews on dental clinics is probably the first thing anyone does today before contacting a dentist or a clinic. When you are looking for a dental clinic or a dentist, it is a critical service that can have an immense impact on you, hence it becomes a default choice to look for reviews for your dental clinic before you connect with them and we strongly recommend you do.
However, while you are doing your research for the most recommended dental clinic, you need to be aware of some of the pitfalls.
While there are multiple platforms that offer dental clinic reviews, the question though remains, which of these reviews are actually reliable? You can find dental clinic reviews on Google, Facebook, Mouthshut, Practo, WhatClinic and several other websites. Unfortunately, the hard reality is that in some cases businesses try to game the rating and reviews system and all the reviews you see for a dental clinic might not be authentic and reliable.
So, how do you know which of these dental clinic reviews are authentic?
Here are a few pointers that will help you understand the reliability of a highly recommended dental clinic.
- Look for reviews for a dental clinic across platforms: If a dental clinic is really good and well recommended, you will notice they have good ratings across platforms.
- Facebook Reviews: This is probably one of the best places to find reliable reviews for dental clinics because when a review is posted on Facebook it is linked to the person’s profile. While looking at the reviews, check a few profiles of the reviewers at random, which should tell you if those profiles are genuine or just fake profiles set up to add reviews for the dental clinic
- Practo and WhatClinic: These are great places for dental clinic reviews. Both these platforms verify the reviews, hence it becomes a great place to find recommended dental clinics.
- The Number of Reviews: Don’t just look at the ratings but also look at the overall number of reviews. A dental clinic with a rating of 4.5 from 250 reviews, is definitely more reliable compared to a dental clinic with a rating of 5 from 20 reviews.
- Read the reviews: If you read 10 reviews of a dental clinic and all 10 of them are vague and/or one-liners, be suspicious. Typically authentic patients will talk about their treatment experience, sometimes mention the names of individual dentists or staff they interacted with, talk about treatment process etc. rather than just saying “great dentists”.
- Review from your peers: While going through review websites look for reviews from patients who had similar treatment needs as yours or if you belong to a specific segment, for example, if you are an international patient travelling to India for dental treatment, try to find reviews of your dental clinic from other international patients. If you are not able to find reviews from other patients with similar needs/ groups, you can also reach out to the dental clinic and specifically ask for such references. Most good clinics will have references for different types of treatment/patients.
The Dental Specialists Reviews
Review Platform Ratings No. of Reviews Link 4.9/5 343 Facebook Reviews 4.9/5 1068 Google Reviews Whatclinic 4.5/5 (Whatclinic Service Score)
99% – Average Satisfaction
Service Score from 840 users
Satisfaction score from 70 Verified users
Whatclinic Reviews Practo – Banjara Hills 5.0/5 2779 The Dental Specialists Banjara Hills Reviews – Kondapur 5.0/5 904 The Dental Specialists Kondapur Reviews Just Dial 4.8/5 922 JustDial Reviews Mouth Shut 4.4/5
1134 MOuthshut Reviews
While going through reviews on dental clinics is a great way to identify the truly recommended dental clinics, consider that this is online research and nothing can beat an in-person interaction. When in doubt connect with the dental clinic, ask them some basic questions and see how they respond. A good dental clinic will treat every patient query with equal importance, even if it is a pre-treatment enquiry.
Here at The Dental Specialists, we strive to give our patients the best treatment and an absolutely stress-free, comfortable experience from their very first contact with our team till they walk out of the door with a happy smile and that has kept all our reviews soaring. We strongly encourage you to look for reviews on dental clinics before you start your treatment and for us, we are always happy to answer any of your questions.
Sadly, kids do not brush correctly. Brushing twice is not strictly practised in many families. It results in chronic deposition of plaque on teeth resulting in dental problems like bleeding from gums and tooth decay and cavities. Professional cleaning your kid’s teeth periodically can help clean dental plaques and get rid of any possibilities of dental cavities and other problems. Dental plaques are often the most common problem that happens if the children don’t clean teeth properly.
What is Plaque
Dental plaque is a yellowish or tan color film that is formed over the teeth, braces and appliances placed in the oral cavity. Plaque is a sticky layer, formed of microorganisms (germs), food particles and the waste products of bacteria. Some bacteria in plaque are harmless, but some are harmful as they cause gum problems, tooth decay (cavities), and bad odour.
How Dental Plaque Forms
The plaque builds up on the teeth daily, especially around the junction of gums and teeth. It forms on teeth which can be felt by our tongue.
Types of Dental Plaque
There are 2 types, old and new plaque.
New plaque is formed in less than 12 hours. This plaque will normally build up over the course of the day or night. This can be cleaned with brushing.
Old plaque is formed of bacteria that are older than 12 hours. This plaque is stubborn, will not be removed by brushing.
How to clean dental plaque from teeth
Dental Prophylaxis (teeth cleaning) is a procedure performed to carefully clean the child’s teeth. Prophylaxis is an essential dental treatment for stopping the formation or progression of periodontal disease and gingivitis.
It is advisable to work with experienced pediatric dentists with the right type of dental equipment in order to identify and clean the plaque.
Here, at The Dental Specialists, we not only clean the teeth for children and get rid of plaques and cavities but more importantly our pediatric dentists educate the child and parent about oral hygiene. We also demonstrate the brushing technique directly on the child, which helps maintain better dental health.
Teeth cleaning and plaque removal for kids – our process
- A disclosing agent is applied on teeth to distinguish the plaque and educate the kid about cleaning teeth. These disclosing agents highlight the two different type of plaque by showing as different colors.
- The dentist will thoroughly clean the area above the gum line with scaling tools to clean the plaque.
- Once all the plaque is removed then the teeth are gently polished. This will help to smooth any rough surfaces, so the food particles and bacteria don’t stick to teeth and it’s a great way to help freshen up a smile and reduces the risk of bad breath in kids.
- The dentist will educate about the correct brushing and flossing method for the kid depending upon the age of the kid.
Prophylaxis is recommended twice annually as a preventive measure.
Consequences of Dental Plaque
The germs present in the plaque can cause inflammation and infection, eventually leading to
Oral malodor – you may sense the bad smell from kid’s mouth
Gingivitis – gums will become swollen, dull in color, and may bleed while brushing
Dental cavities – plaque have germs that form acids in the mouth resulting in the formation of cavities or hole in teeth.
Clean Teeth for Kids – Tips you can use
- Rinse mouth thoroughly with water after eating food.
- Brush your teeth daily twice a day – morning and night. Do not eat or drink after you have cleaned your teeth before going to bed.
- For kids up to 7-8 year age, brushing should be done by a parent.
- One parent should always be present to supervise the brushing in kids upto 9-10 years of age.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. It helps to prevent dental cavities.
- From 6 years of age, you can introduce your kid to adult toothpaste but under supervision. Make sure they spit it out when they have finished cleaning teeth.
- Children under 6 year need a special kid’s toothpaste with less concentration of fluoride.
- Use soft bristles toothbrush for cleaning teeth and gums.
- Change brush at least every 3 months.
- Gently clean all surfaces of teeth and gums. It should take about 2-3 minutes to clean them all.
- Do flossing to clean plaque between two teeth.
Painless dental treatment is a reality today.
Fear and anxiety towards dentistry is a major barrier to oral health. The pediatric dental wing at The Dental Specialists not only has a children friendly environment but our team of expert pediatric dentists to ensure that the children’s visit to the dentist is comfortable and fun.
In spite of our best efforts, there could be other factors like previous unpleasant dental treatment, fear of unknown environment and people, lack of trust, white coat phobia, needle phobia, even the sounds and noise produced by dental equipment, etc resulting in fear and anxiety in kid during treatment.
For such cases, AAPD (AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY) recognizes nitrous oxide and oxygen inhalation as a safe and effective technique to reduce anxiety, produce analgesia and enhance effective communication between the child and the dentist.
What is Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
Nitrous Oxide is a colorless, odorless gas that gives effective analgesic, and stress relieving agent causing euphoria and relaxation. It alters the child’s mood thus making him more receptive to dental treatment.
Is Nitrous Oxide safe?
Yes, it has an excellent safety record. The child remains awake, responsive and breathes well.
The machine that we use to administer the treatment comes with an inbuilt safety system. The delivery system is manufactured with the “oxygen fail-safe” device that stops Nitrogen flow when Oxygen is stopped thus preventing any catastrophe.
How does sedation feel
Nitrous Oxide gas effects may vary from person to person. The child may feel a tingling sensation throughout the body, some kid feels like in dreamy state, their negative feelings, stress and anxiety may disappear and they will be in a complete state of relaxation.
Advantages of conscious sedation with Nitrous Oxide
- Fast acting- rapidly absorbed, allowing rapid onset and recovery that is 2-3 min.
- It increases pain threshold
- Depth of nitrous oxide sedation can be adjusted quickly and an optimal level of relaxation can be achieved.
- Recovery time is pretty short: Nitrous Oxide gets clear from the lungs in a few mins (3-5 mins) completely after Nitrogen is stopped and only Oxygen is flushed. You feel refreshed.
- It doesn’t affect daily activity.
Who needs conscious sedation for dental treatment
- Fearful, anxious or frightened child, who refuses to cooperate.
- Special health care needs children
- Needle-phobic children
- Minor surgeries
Did you always want a smile like your most favourite movie star? Well, many of us do and it could very well be possible with a dental veneer. Dental veneers are used for smile makeover and in various other cases to give you the perfect set of teeth. Bothered about the cost of dental veneers? Well, there are a lot of options and the cost of dental veneers in India is comparatively cheaper than most other countries.
In this blog, we have not only covered the cost of Dental veneers in India but also provided every detail on what is dental veneers, the details of the procedure, pros and cons of dental veneers, types of veneers and more. If you are an international patient considering to travel to India for your dental treatment, we have also provided a comparison of cost of dental veneers in India vs. UK, USA, Australia, EU and UAE.
What are Dental Veneers / Laminates
Dental laminates are also known as dental veneers. Laminates/ Veneers are customized, thin artificial nail-like structures designed to bond to the outer surfaces of prepared natural teeth to give a rejuvenating smile.
What are Dental Veeners Made Of
Dental veneers are made of either porcelain or resin material. The porcelain is considered to be the best as it can mimic the exact shining/reflecting properties of natural teeth as well as resist staining. Also, it can mask the underlying tooth color completely. Whereas resin material has the tendency to stain on long term use.
Indications of Dental Veneers
- Severely discolored teeth
- Chipped off/ fractured teeth
- Mal-positioned/crooked teeth
- Spaces in between teeth
- Worn out teeth
- Defective enamel with craters / bulges on teeth
- Teeth with abnormal shape
Contraindications for Dental Veneers
- Insufficient teeth structure
- Excessive spaces in between teeth
- Severely mal-positioned teeth
- In patients with habits of night grinding and clenching
- Teeth with severe gum disease
- Teeth already having large fillings
Generally, total treatment procedure requires three visits to the dental office.
Beautiful Veneers Done @TDS for Discolored Teeth
First Visit to the Dentist’s Office
In the first visit, the dentist will examine your teeth condition and advise you about the required treatment. You should be precise on what type of treatment you wish to go with and what type of result you are expecting? Sometimes the dentist may record your teeth impressions.
Second visit to Dentist’s Office
In the second visit 0.5 -0.7 mm of your teeth enamel will be trimmed off in order to provide room for the future dental veneer/laminate. The dentist will select the appropriate shade for the new dental veneers. Then the impressions will be recorded and the model will be generated. Then the actual veneer will be fabricated in the lab.
Prepare for Dental Veneers
Third Vist to Dentist’s Office – Bonding
In the third visit, the dentist first places the veneer against the teeth surface and examines for the proper fit, shape and shade and do the necessary corrections if any. After finalizing with the proper fit, shade and shape, then the actual process of veneer bonding will be initiated.
Initially, both the teeth surface and the veneer will be dried. Teeth structure will be etched to create roughness on its surface. The cement is placed on the inner surface of the veneer and pressed against the prepared teeth surface. Then a light will be passed to activate the chemical in the cement. Within no time the cement hardens and bonds the veneer to the teeth surface. Then the excess cement will be trimmed off. This completes the procedure of bonding. Then you will be asked to come back for a checkup within a couple of weeks to check for any gum irritation or any discomfort.
Pros and Cons of Dental Veneer
- Aids to enhance your smile (both healthy and beautiful)
- Minimal teeth trimming
- Stain resistant porcelain veneers
- Gum friendly
- Quick and simple procedure
- Strength and durability
- Not suitable for teeth with poor gum health
- Not suitable for patients with a habit of night grinding and clenching
- Irreversible as 0.5-0.8mm of enamel has to be trimmed
- A tendency to dislodge on biting hard foods
Front Teeth Smile Designing with Dental Veneers Done at TDS
Types of Dental Veneer
Porcelain / All Ceramic Veneers
- IPS Empress: PRESSABLE CERAMIC. Relatively thicker with high strength. Requires more removal of tooth enamel compared to other types.
- IPS e. max cad: Made of lithium disilicate. High strength. Requires removal of minimum 0.5mm of tooth enamel.
- Procera All Ceram Nobel bio care: Contains aluminium oxide. Extremely strong
- Cerec: this is a unit with digital imaging software along with a milling unit. using this the digital file will be converted into a custom made porcelain veneer. the veneer can be delivered on the same day avoiding multiple visits to a dentist.
- Zirconia based porcelain: Ultra-thin zirconia veneered to porcelain veneers mainly preferred when there is underlying damage to teeth structure. the opacity of this material hides the underlying defect more when compared to all ceramic; very strong and resistant to fracture, also requires removal of the teeth enamel
- No prep veneers: Much thinner compared to traditional veneers. made of Cerinate porcelain which is an ultra-strong form of porcelain. Requires minimal 0.2mm of enamel removal or sometimes no removal at all. Reversible but can’t be done on damaged tooth surfaces Example: Lumineers and DURAthin.
Resin Veneers – Composite Resin
Well known as Tooth color filling material used for dental bonding. More economical. More prone to staining. Requires regular replacements and maintenance and is also reversible.
Cost of Dental Veneers in India
Hereby we are providing a table comparing the price of dental veneer in INDIA with other major countries.
|Treatment Procedure||India (INR)||USA (USD)||Australia (AUD)||Europe (Euro)||UK (GBP)||UAE (Dirham)|
|Porcelain Veneer, Per Tooth||8000 – 15000||500 – 1900||1100 – 1500||480 – 600||600 – 1100||1400 – 1700|
|Cost in USD Equivalent||112 – 210||500 – 1900||759 – 1680||538 – 672||774 – 1419||102 -459|
|Zirconium Based Porcelain Veneer, per tooth||9000 – 16000||700 – 2000||1300 – 1600||550 – 700||700 – 1200||1500 – 1800|
|Cost in USD Equivalent||126 – 224||700 – 2000||897 – 1792||616 – 784||903 – 1548||109 – 486|
|Lumineer per tooth||14000 – 19000||900 – 2500||2500 – 4000||800 – 1200||800 – 1300||2000 – 2500|
|Cost in USD Equivalent||196 – 266||900 – 2500||1725 – 4480||896 – 1344||1032 – 1677||146 – 675|
|Composite veneer per tooth||1500 – 2000||250 – 1500||300 – 600||150 – 240||200 – 500||600 – 800|
|Cost in USD Equivalent||$21 – $28||$250 – $1500||$207 – $672||$168 – $269||$258 – $645||$44 – $216|
Note: The above-given details in the table represents the ballpark cost of treatment which may vary according to patients teeth condition. Sometimes additional price might be charged as per patients existing teeth condition, temporary teeth fabrication and some radiographs and scans accordingly. The cost of dental veneers shown here is the average indicative cost based on Internet research. The cost shown in USD is based on the conversion rate provided by Google on 14th April 2019.