What are clear aligners?
Clear Aligners, often most well-known by the brand Invisalign, is a series of transparent, customized orthodontic devices which fit over your teeth and straighten the irregularly placed teeth.
How do Clear Aligners look like?
What are the advantages of clear aligners / Invisalign over conventional braces?
- Efficient in smile outcome as it is unique and customized for your teeth
- Shorter duration of treatment time
- Better esthetics as they are transparent and invisible.
- Minimal maintenance
- Removable – they can be removed anytime and hence wouldn’t affect your oral hygiene and eating habits
Who can use clear aligners / Invisalign?
After you get your teeth checked, the orthodontist will take a call if aligners can be used.
What care should be taken while using clear aligners / Invisalign?
- They are easy to maintain.
- Care should be taken not to clench on the aligners when in place.
- When removed, they should be placed in the box provided to avoid damage.
- Using a soft toothbrush, it has to be cleaned every day.
What are the Different types of Clear Aligners Available in the Market
- K Clear
- Dentcare Clear Aligner
- Flash Orthodontics
How long do I have to wear the aligners in a day?
In order to get the desired smile, aligners have to be worn for a period of at least 20 hours in a day.
How do Clear Aligners work?
The aligners will be customized and changed every 15 days which efficiently moves your teeth into the desired position and are straightened by applying gentle pressure and minimal discomfort.
What outcomes can I expect from using clear aligners / invisalign?
A picture is always the best way to showcase the impact of clear aligners. Here’s a case –
How long do I have to use the clear aligners?
Depending on the severity of mal-aligned teeth, the duration of use of aligners can vary from patient to patient.